I'm a software developer based in Montreal, Canada with backgrounds in education and
telecommunications. I'm always eager to learn something new and enjoy building solutions that
make their users happy.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering,
McGill University, Montreal, QC
With specialization in telecommunications.
Diploma of collegial studies in Pure and Applied Sciences,
CÉGEP de Trois-Rivières, Trois-Rivières, QC
Senior Developer Analyst, Development Manager,
May 2012 to present SRB Education Solutions,
Montreal, QC (remote worker)
- Architected and developed innovative web & mobile products in the education sector using
the .Net framework.
- Managed an agile team of 4-5 developers responsible for developing and supporting
multiple products used by tens of thousands of teachers, parents, students and
- Supported dozens of client installations including SaaS.
- Managed multiple concurrent software delivery projects.
- Acted as product owner for multiple products and participated in the development of
roadmaps and the company’s strategic plan.
- Supported the sales organization by participating in demonstrations and travelling to customer sites.
- Migrated team process from traditional project management to Agile/Scrum.
- Architected and developed a technology platform that integrates multiple SRB products
(Java, .Net) into a unified mobile optimized user experience using RESTful APIs,
Single Sign On (OpenId, WS-Federation, SAML assertions) and client side technologies
Software Developer, Team Leader
August 2008 to May 2012
SRB Education Solutions, Edmonton, AB
- Maintained and enhanced a traditional assessment software solution built in .Net.
- Maintained and enhanced a student information add-on suite of software.
- Designed and developed a new leading edge outcomes based assessment tool for replacement
solution using .Net MVC and Domain Driven Design.
- Maintained and improved a data integration platform for interacting with multiple
- Researched new technologies and processes to evolve the software development practices
of the entire
- Project Management (estimates, resources, funding, timelines, deployment).
- Implemented a new Quality Assurance methodology.
- Participated in account management and sales.
Software Developer, Systems Integration Engineer Intern,
May 2006 to June 2008
Nortel, Montreal, QC
- Developed integration software for optical network management systems compliant with
TMF814 standard using Java EE.
- Worked within a small consulting team using Agile development principles.
- Supported carrier class customers in the deployment of network management products and
- Trained new employees and customer support staff.
- Wrote technical documentation for network management products and solutions.
- Tested and supported engineering of optical network management software for carrier
- Worked with Nortel optical and data hardware.
||Fluent in English, French and Spanish
|Core Programming Skills
|Other Tech Skills
||Git, SVN, TeamCity, Unix, Linux, Windows Server, IIS,
Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenId, WS-Federation, WS-Trust (SAML Assertions),
Flash, SSRS, Assembly, VHDL
Programming experience summary
Small research company self-started with fellow engineering student. Well received by Nortel
employer. Worked on projects in the following areas:
- Applied Robotics using a Motorola micro-controller programmed in C
- Wireless mobile client solution built on smart device using C# (Windows Mobile)
S-43 Please Follow Up
Open source mobile app designed to help volunteers report interest while in the field. Source code can be accessed on GitHub.
I worked in the imaging industry for a number of years. I now enjoy photography as a
hobby. Some of my photos can be viewed on
I enjoy fictional and technical writing. It is a skill that I am constantly trying to
I enjoy teaching others. I speak before an audience on a regular basis.